There are a million and one sweet things you can say to your long-distance partner. But sometimes, it can be challenging coming up with super sweet things to say to your boyfriend that don’t sound cheesy over long-distance.
There’s also the constant struggle with writer’s block when it comes to communicating sweet messages to your partner as well. You can't share kisses, hugs, and your warm embrace from afar, and sometimes text messages feel inadequate when saying good night to our long-distance love.
Maybe you feel as though you’ve said everything you possibly could say over long-distance, and you’re looking for something fresh to spice up your relationship. However, you know your boyfriend or girlfriend better than anyone, so you’ll know what messages that’ll make their day and give them comfort and peace through long lonely days without you. These romantic messages can be sent over text, Skype video chats, or even via snail mail, so you can each have some solace as you wait for the joy of meeting again.
What Kind of Message Are You Sending Your Long-Distance Partner?
First and foremost, you need to decide what kind of message you will be sending. There are several types of messaging to choose from, and you want to think about your tone before you hit send.
A few of the types of long-distance relationship messages you can send include:
- Emotional messages
- Sad messages
- Inspirational messages
- Christmas, birthday, or holiday messages
- Thank you messages
- Apology messages
- Good morning messages
- Deep messages
- Sweet messages
We will focus on sending your long-distance partner sweet messages for our purposes. In the busyness of life, it’s easy to get caught up in sending quick updates and goodnight or good morning texts and forget that people in a long-distance relationship need to hear sweet, cute things. It makes their day when you send them something super adorable as a surprise. Any sweet, cute message you send them is sure to bring a smile to their face and warm their heart!
Now that we know what kind of message we will focus on, let’s discuss how you send your sweet loving message!
Lovebox, the perfect gift for your long distance relationship
Do you want to remind your partner that she/he means the world to you?
The Lovebox is a connected, messaging device to get beyond regular communication and deliver special expressions of affection.
The Lovebox comes with an app that you can use to send different messages to your partner. These messages are designed to make your loved one feel loved and appreciated. You’ll never have to worry about not being able to make your long distance partner happy again with the help of the Lovebox!
How Will You Convey Your Sweet Messages Long-Distance?
Let’s discuss a few of your options of sending your long-distance partner sweet messages:
Texting is usually the most obvious choice due to convenience and sending pictures.
FaceTime or other forms of video calls are an excellent option because of the ability to have essential face-to-face communication.
Phone calls may not be ordinary anymore, but picking up the phone and spending a few minutes to hear your sweet voice goes a long way in a long-distance relationship.
Handwritten love letters may be old-fashioned, but they are a unique way to say sweet things to your boyfriend that may be difficult for you to convey over texting or phone calls. You can even spray it with your scent so it feels like you're in each others’ presence again. Plus, it’s something he can keep and cherish forever.
- The Lovebox is the first connected messaging system to send your long-distance partner sweet messages, pictures, drawings, or stickers. It’s super easy and convenient to use on our free app. Simply send your message, and the heart on their box will spin, letting them know they have a message. You can even schedule messages to send when you know they need a romantic message from their favorite person.
- Small gifts of love and affection such as books or photo albums of your relationship are another way to communicate your passion and appreciation for their love for you. Remember, the best gift is one that comes from the heart.
Your options are endless for sending your long-distance partner cute, sweet messages to encourage him and remind them they are loved and cared for by their long-distance partner. Choose the form of communication you are most comfortable with and start sending them random love messages throughout their day. If you find you aren’t pleased with the structure of communication you’re using, then switch it up. The choice is up to you!
Finally, our team at Lovebox has put together 50 sweet, heartwarming messages you can send your long-distance partner. You can send these messages precisely as written, or we encourage you to take our suggestions and add your tone, wording, and inspiration to make them personal. Whatever you choose is perfectly fine as long as you feel comfortable saying it to your long-distance partner.
Let’s get started!
50 Sweet, Heartwarming Things To Say to Your Long-Distance Partner
The distance can be challenging, but our 50 heartwarming messages to send to your partner will sure keep the spark alive in your relationship. So take our message suggestions and turn them into your speaking style. Even if you don’t feel like a mushy or lovey person, you can still find countless ways to send sweet messages of encouragement to your long-distance partner.
1. “I love you so much, honey.”
2. “Every day we are apart my love grows stronger for you.”
3. “I miss you more than ever, and I can’t wait to be with you soon.”
4. “Thank you for loving me unconditionally and selflessly.”
5. “Every time I close my eyes, I see you in my dreams. I can’t wait until one day when I can hold you in my arms every night while I dream. “
6. “In true love, the smallest distance can become too great, and the greatest distance can be shortened. All, too easily.” - Hans Nouwens
7. “I’m thinking about you and just wanted to send you my love.”
8. “How are you? Did you sleep well, my darling?”
9. “Every day we are not in each other’s arms, it makes me miss you more and more.”
10. “You are the bright light in my life.”
11. “Every passing day makes me miss seeing your smile and laugh. I can’t wait to see you again.”
12. Every time I hear my phone notifications, I’m hoping it’s you calling me. I miss you and always want to talk to you.”
13. “You’re perfect to me.”
14. “No matter where we both are in the world, you are always in my heart and soul. I love you more than anything else this world has to offer.”
15. “Even though I’m lonely without you in the same room as me, I’m never truly lonely because I hold your love in my heart.”
16. “I go to bed thinking about you, and I wake up thinking about you. You have captured my heart and soul.”
17. “A call from you is like music to my ears. I love to see your name pop up on the screen of my phone.”
18. “I love hearing the sound of your voice. It is calming and comforting when there’s not much comfort in this world.”
19. “When I’m enjoying lunch or a movie with friends or family, I can’t stop thinking about you and hoping I get to see you soon.”
20. “I get so sad because I miss you, and I try to remind myself how blessed I am that you are in my life. Regardless of how many miles separate us, I’ll always love you and be there for you.”
For Valentine's Day, Gift a Lovebox
Looking for a thoughtful Valentine's day gift? The Lovebox is the perfect gift to send personnalized messages, photos and drawings to your long distance partner. With the Lovebox, each message is a gift. This wonderful wooden box helps you to keep the spark alive in your long distance relationship.
Thanks to the free app, you can customize your messages with exclusive templates designed by artists. The app has numerous customization tools to let your creativity speak.
You can also schedule messages. This is very useful if you don't live in the same timezone as your loved one, or if you want to surprise them!
21. “I can’t wait to touch you again when I see you on our next visit. I look forward to holding hands, cuddling, and hearing your heart beat against mine.”
22. “You are constantly on my heart and mind. My love for you is so deep it’s almost indescribable.”
23. “I miss your sweet smell I used to find on my clothes and in my bed. When I miss you, I try to remember how your cologne smelled, and I’m happy thinking of you and our love together.”
24. “Every movie I watch and every book I read reminds me of you. Every couple I spot holding hands and walking down the sidewalk, I think of you. Everything reminds me of you, and I can’t wait to be together again soon.”
25. “When we’re apart, I feel a huge hole is present in my life. Everything seems to remind me of you.”
26. “Everything in my life feels as if I’m walking in molasses, except when I’m with you. I feel the time isn’t normal unless I’m around you and I see you.”
27. “You are so brave and so strong—that is one of my favorite things about you.
28. “Distance makes our emotional connection deeper and our love for each other stronger.”
29. “I feel as though I can say anything to you. Knowing you won’t judge my thoughts or what I choose to share, and that’s a rare quality.”
30. “I love you so much and can’t wait until our long wait of long-distance is a distant memory.
31. “It’s you. It’s always been you. No matter how much physical distance may come between us, you’ve always been the love of my life.”
32. “I never understood the depth of true love until we met. Now, whenever we’re apart, my heart aches for you and the love we share together.”
33. “The thought of being with you every single day and spending time together as much as we want is a wonderful way to keep you in my heart. It’s what keeps me going every day.”
34. “I just wanted to hop on a call and say hello. I love you and miss you with all my heart.”
35. “Everything I learn about you through our physical separation makes me love you more and more every day.”
36. “My love for you is strong, and our love together will sustain us during this time of separation.”
37. “Distance may make the heart grow fonder, but it makes me want to be closer to you every day and never leave your side. I miss you, darling.”
38. “Even with many miles between us, we can still enjoy date night and spending time together.”
39. “I couldn’t fall asleep after I heard your voice on the phone.”
40. “I appreciate all of the effort and sacrifice you have put into our relationship. It has not gone unnoticed by me, and it’s made me love you even more than I already do.”
Want to share good vibes with your loved ones? Download Favily app for free
Favily is the first widget allowing you to send and receive unique personalized messages from all your faves, right to your Home Screen.
41. “The distance may challenge our love, but we are more confident and stronger in our love than a temporary physical separation between us.”
42. “I love your confidence in me and our relationship and your dedication to this job. It has not gone unnoticed, and I love and appreciate you.”
43. “The distance between us doesn’t scare me anymore because I now know how strong our love is for each other and how deep our emotional bond is between each other.”
44. “I woke up from a dream about you. I could almost feel you in my ears. I can’t fall back asleep because I keep thinking of our love for each other.”
45. “Thank you for the joy you give my life. You are the light in my life right now, and I can't wait to see you and hold you every day we are together.”
46. “ I love how confident you are in us and our long-distance relationship. You are so strong, and I admire your courage. You’ve never once doubted our relationship and our love for each other.”
47. Because we’ve been able to stay strong in our long-distance relationship, I know there’s nothing in the future that we can’t conquer together through faith and joy for the moment.
48. “I love talking to you and hearing your voice. It’s like music to my ears in a dark world.”
49. “I don’t get sad because of the distance that is constantly present in our relationship. I get sad because we’re together and we’ve found our person. Some people it takes their whole life searching the globe trying to find their person, and we have already found each other.”
50. “When I get sad and miss you, I reminisce over all of the amazing times we’ve had together. I think of all the times I’ve seen you smile and laugh. I can’t wait to see you smile and laugh again. You have the most infectious laugh and handsome smile.”
There’s an infinite number of options for sweet, heartwarming love messages to send your long-distance boyfriend. Hopefully, our list of 50 suggestions was a great way to get your creative ideas flowing and send your significant other a sweet, memorable message that will brighten their day.
In short, sending your long-distance partner sweet heartwarming messages during your season of physical separation of many miles in between you two is a perfect way to show him the depth of your love.
Everyone needs a reminder of how much they are loved and appreciated, especially when in a long-distance relationship. Randomly sending sweet messages to them is a perfect way to keep your romance alive. After you’ve decided to send a sweet message, don’t forget to take some time to determine what form of communication is best for you and your boyfriend.